Join us for a free presentation to help guide families of youth with special needs through the transition from child-centered to adult-centered systems. This presentation will introduce and discuss when to start thinking about transition as well as provide many helpful tools and resources on a variety of topics to help families to prepare for successful transition. Prior registration will ensure that the registrant will be provided with a Resource binder and a meal. Please register by Monday, October 4.
-Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 6-7:30 p.m.
-Location: Wanek Center Conference Room, 730 Raider Drive, Arcadia, WI
- To register contact: Dawn Stark, 715-726-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As a result of participating in this presentation we hope you will:
• Understand what youth transition is and why it is important.
• Identify activities in daily life where transition occurs.
• Apply tools and resources to take an active role in the transition process.
• Learn about Supported Decision-Making and alternatives to guardianship.
• Learn about SSI, insurance, long-term support options and other topics.
This training event has been coordinated by the Trempealeau County ADRC, the Western Regional Center, Health Transition Wisconsin and the Arcadia School District.